Firefish Acting Wierd

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish_keeper2

I am Nemo!!
Reaction score
for any of you who have read my nano diary lately you should know that i have recently gotten 2 firefish. Well ive noticed that they generaly stay together, share the same whole at night and show no aggression towards each. also when it gets dark they go in hiding(wehter the tank lights are on or not) and stay there till morning. is this all normal.....minus the no aggression part?

If I keep both of the firefish(read my nano diary to find out y there are 2 of them in the first place) I wont be able to also get a clown fish and a clown gobby(mine just died last night :byebye: :rip: ) in this tank will I?

Also what foods can firefish, clownfish, and clown gobbies eat? I have bloodworms, regular brine shrimp, and spirula enriched brine shrimp, dried seeweed, freeze dried blood worms, and formula one marine pellets from ocean nutrition. are these all good for them or are there other stuff i should feed?

Sounds normal. My firefish also definitely notices night vs day and I don't see him at night - at all.

I don't know about the long term success of keeping 2 firefish together....... Not saying I think it will have a bad result or anything b/c I just don't know.

No, if you keep both firefish, you can't also do a clown AND a goby. The firefish, clown and goby is pushing it as it is.

Were the firefish paired up before you bought them, if so you are just fine. My biggest concern is figuring out why your clown goby died, sounds like something is wrong. In my opinion you can ultimately add one more fish to your couple of firefish, preferrably a bottom dwelling fish.

Oh, and I feed OSI flakes, brine shrimp (freeze dried and frozen) and Cyclopeze. Plus I feed Phtyoplankton for the corals and they all like that too.

thanks parker.......i tried the brine shrimp before i went to work and they loved it.

superman: im not sure if they were paired........i do know that they were in the same tank with several other firefish and lots of percs for atleast a week. I think the clown gobby died from tress........on the way home i had to walk and while walking i stepped on a stick which came up and popped the bag and i lost half the water in seconds and had to walk for another 15 min holding the bag so water would come out. also because i added 2 firefish and a clown gobby all in one day my ammonia spiked.......my water test today showed .25 ammonia and .2 nitrites so this might have killed the poor guy........though all the other inhabbitants seem uneffected................ I know NONE of the fish in the tank nor the tanks these fish came from were diseased.

I think i might give one of the firefish to a lfs..........i really want a blakc onyx perc or a black and white perc.....or atleast a regular perc.

Most reactions

trending

Back