Finally Decided On My Tankmates

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
i've been a total pain this week with questions & have spent far too long on the internet researching fishies. Thank you to everyone who has replied & for your endless patience.

My two fave fish I have decided are my Corydora & my dwarf puffers, so I am concentrating on these.

Once the large tank (160ltrs)is cycled I will move all occupants from medium tank over there & add some more Peppered Cory's & a group of black Cory's, plus maybe 3 other cory's depending on what I can find. i'm not sure if I will have room for anything else in there, but will wait till its set up & then decide.

My dwarf puffers will then be moved over to the middle tank(125lts) & 2 more DPs added, so there will be 5 in there in total, thinking maybe of adding some shrimp there too, but not sure on that yet, I think the DPs will enjoy the larger tank & they are in the lounge then so I can watch them in the evenings.

The small tank (90lts)I am going to set up to try & breed the Corydora.

So (for now at least)my mind is made up & I know what I am doing with all my fishies, I think I was being a bit ambitious trying to find room in the house & my life for lots of different types of fish & it would be best if I stuck to what I know until I am more experienced.

Still saving up for the next tank though :good:
 
Wohooo glad you decided! I've got a couple of weeks yet.

What makes the dwarf puffers stand out that gupi? Like what crazy things do they do, etc.
 
Wohooo glad you decided! I've got a couple of weeks yet.

What makes the dwarf puffers stand out that gupi? Like what crazy things do they do, etc.

Dwarf Puffers are just gorgeous :good: we have three at the moment & they all have very individual characters, one is pretty shy & spends most of his time hunting snails, the other two are really sociable & everytime I go to the tank they pop over to beg for food. They are really good little hunters & their faces when they are hunting prey are hilarious, their buggy little eyes totally focussed. They often attack the filter & heater as well.

I've found they prefer live food, but I cant get hold of any, so I use plastic tweezers to hold bloodworms & wriggle them & two of them grab onto the worms & shake on the tweezers like dogs till they are all gone.

I wasnt sure I would like them that much & would regret having a species tank for them, but I totally dont, they have so much personality that they dont really need tank mates. I am going to try some shrimp I think with them & some otto's if I can find them.
 
Wow Amazing! Tbh, I would love them but I don't think I would be able to - Because I have gravel, plastic plants etc. so maybe in the future I will.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top