Final Stocking Of 10 And 5 Gallon?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I think I just figured out what I plan to finish my stocking in the next week and want to make sure that the final works:

10 Gallon:

5 Oto
3 Molly
bunch of snails to feed puffer

5 Gallon:

1 Dwarf Puffer
2 ADF
1 Oto

This work out?
 
The otos and mollies should be ok in the 10 gal ( don't forget to supplement the otos with algae tabs or provide some algae covered rocks for them to feed on ) and as long as the mollies are all males or confirmed non pregnant females ( in other words not a mixed sex group ) you won't have an overpopulation problem .

The 5 gal is overstocked with that combination. Just keep the puffer on his own in there with no tankmates and keep the water changes very regular and fairly big-ish ( at least 50% ).
 
i agree with honeythorn the 5g is overstocked with that choice
you could have shrimp and the dwarf puffer in the 5g as long as you've got hiding places

i've heard it works quite well

good luck

Sarah xx
 
I don't think ottos do well in small tanks...harder to keep water quality. Maybe just two dps? People say 1 per 5 gallons but cmon they're the size of a pea
 
well as for my final stocking I guess I will keep it as is for the 10 gallon and keep the 5 Gallon as 2 ADF and 1 DP. I would like to get myself an eclipse 3 gallon soon to use for my ADF and snail breeding. Also would shrimp work out in my 5 Gallon with 2 ADF and DP and if so how many?
 
With dwarf puffers, it's not their bioload, but their aggression and the territory space that they need that's at issue. So I wouldn't risk two; they don't need each other for company; just have one.

I haven't kept ADFs, but from what I hear, they're better off in a species tank. They're very slow and can't compete for food. A tank (like the 3 gallon you mention) with just ADFs and snails sound good. I personally hate maintaining small tanks, especially when you can find many cheap 10 gallon glass tanks around (or used 20 or 30 gallons setups, for that matter).
 
ok so I did my fish changes today and as of right now I am at:

10 Gallon:

5 oto
1 molly
5-6 Molly fry (3-4 weeks old)

5 Gallon:

2 ADF
1 Dwarf Puffer


I plan to leave the 5 gallon alone unless I find some ghost shrimp around here. the ADF get along well with my DP the only aggression is feeding time and its my ADF chasing the DP away from the blood worms (they all do get there share). As for the 10 gallon I decided to let my girlfriend decide what to finish it off with but she could use some suggestions. She wants another Molly but I am hoping that someone could suggest other things so she knows her options.

SN850082.jpg


EDIT: also once the fry reach 2cm I plan to give those away.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top