fin rot!

joe

Reaction score
HELP :(

I've got a beta splendens, whoes getting fin rot...

I can't get to the aquarium shop for atleast a few days probably to get some fin rot treatment...

So, what stuff can I use around the home to help kill this thing? (the fin rot not the fish :D )

I've got some white spot treatment, would that do any good you think?
Name household items I might have please...or other things I can do!

Hi Joe. Sorry to here about the finrot.
How bad is it? What size of tank do you have, what's the setup and what are the water parameters?

In the mean time do a water change ( the PH could be to high) Try to keep the water temp between 75/80 degrees.

The main reason for finrot is poor water conditions as a result of over feeding, to much fish waste in the water, poor water quality( out of date conditioners,etc). and stress.
More frequent water changes.

Firstly I'd stress that the fin rot should not kill the fish before you get to the fish shop.
As Adeyc says it's a usually due to poor water conditions and also stress. The stress can be poor water conditions or more commonly being bullied. :)

Could you tell me more bout your aquarium. iei Size, fish, decor, filtration used, feeding amount, and if you know the water readings.

As for now try to elimante all causes of stress you can think of, If you have an empty tank use it. Fin rot can heel itself if all the above are out of the way :D

Most reactions

Back