Fin rot question

amityv said:
... tomarrow is my 5th day of using maracyn. so i should change the water after the 5th day and do another 5 days of maracyn...

You should filter water at least 24 hours with carbon that you get rest of the medicine away from the aquarium.

If the two aren't well yet, then put them in qurantine tank and check that water is good there (=no nitrite for example, pH is good etc...). If the current medicine helped them, medicate the two in this qurantine tank, not in the main aquarium (-> why medicate healthy fish?). If the current medicine didn't help at all, it's incorrect medicine then.

I don't use any medicine without knowing what bacterium causes illness. Fish disease are very difficult to identify without microscope. In some aquarium-shops have microscope that customers can use, you should ask about this... And some of them can help you to identify bacterium if know their business.

Amityville? Where is Freddy Krueger!?  :look:

hehe, Amity is my real name. the v is the first letter of my last name. and freddy kreuger lived on elm street not in amityville. smarty pants.
thanks for everyones advise. the 2 fish seem to be doing very well and look 100 percent better.

Most reactions

Back