Filtration In New Tank

stucolls

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Torquay, Devon, England
Hey guys, im posting in here just to make sure im not missing something!!

I recently got myself a really nice D&D nano cube, which is really for Marines, ive decided that I cant afford to go Marine yet though so im going to use it for my tropicals.

The tank has a built in filter and power head, there are ceramic rings and bio balls as well as a big old sponge in there, do I need to put anything else in there for filtration?? I dont think I do but wanted to run it by you guys first?

I was going to use substrate and water from my current tank as well as some filter wool from the existing filter.

Is there anything im missing??

Cheers

Stu
 
the water from your current tank will do no benefit to the bacteria levels and the substrate very little. if you could add some ceramics or whatever you have in your current tank to the new filter then that along with the floss will help considerably towards the tank cycling :good:
 
I don't think there's anything else in the filter that you really need. It's optional to add filter wool to polish the water a bit.

I would definitely, if you can, pack in all the old (unwashed) media from your previous filter that you can fit just to get this tank a kick-start in cycling.
 
do I need anything else in the actual filter though? I have ceramic rings, bio balls and a sponge.
This is all I have in my filters as well.

You will be just fine with what you have.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top