Filteration Question For 55 Uk Gallon Tank

Xenosis

New Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hey i just got a 55uk gallon tank, 250 litres.
with it i got a Aqua one Cf700 that is good for up to 150 litres, obviously im going to need a stronger filter device right?
Should i get one that will make it up to 250 litres? Or should i spend 120 dollars and get an external canister filter that will easily be more then enough.
i want to keep an oscar fish, but i just hope i dont have to spend a fortune on filteration.

the fish tank came with undergravel filtersr, but i heard that they are terrible.

help please
 
If your really gonna go for a big fish like Oscars I'd go right for the external.More water flow,more filtration.They also generally give you more options for media by having multiple layers/compartments.They are normally not a noisy as HoB's aswell. I think it's well worth the extra dollars to do it right.Do your research and buy a good one,keep good care of it,it will last a long time.
 
I dont want to spoil your plans, but as well as more filtration (I would suggest an good external like a tetratec 1200), you will also need to upgrade the tank to a 75g minimum before the oscar outgrows the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top