Filter Question

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
My brain is going 100 miles an hour at the mo thinking how I could quick cycle a tank (minxy's fault lol). I have a new filter sitting in a box and was wondering if I set it up on one of my other tanks to run with the existing filter, then swap it to the new tank, would it grow the bacteria quicker? I know once I take it back off the running tank I will be disturbing the balance of bacteria, but just wondering if it would work?

My other options are
1. pinching some sponge from one filter and replacing it with the new sponge.
2. Pinching some other media from another filter and replacing that with new.
3. Just cycle the tank properly and stop trying to ruddy cheat lol
 
Pinch media and sponge from one and put into new and run on an ammonia supplement for a week then if it drops as required stock
 

Most reactions

Back
Top