Filter - No air bubbles?

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
hi there, please help me if you can! ive bought a juwel record 96 aquarium today, wired it all up, but the filter doesnt seem to be pumping out any air bubbles, this cant be right, surely? if you could help me, please help me! thanks

Hi there cbrown1486 welcome to the forum...

I had a similar problem with my fluval filter so if you turn off the power try the following, dunk the filter unit under water, I have found with my fluval that often a large airbubble gets stuck inside the filter and prevents it from blowing out airbubbles, when you push the filter completely under it'll escape out and turn on the power and you'll have bubbles. I'm not sure if its the same for you, i've not had much experience with juwel rekord's but have heard good reports so I'm sure its something simple perhaps someone else can advise :) :thumbs:

hi thanks for your help.while i was online, ive been told that they dont give out any bubbles! surely i need some way in getting air into the tank?!

Air can diffuse into the tank water, the amount of air diffusing in can be increased by a little surface agitation (filter pointing slightly upwards so there is a slight ripple on the water). You could also try buying air pumps if you are worried about there not being enough air ;)

No, the Juwel filters dont give out air bubbles (altho mine does for some annoying reason!) But if u want u can easily make it give out air bubbles, in the powerhead where the water comes out, u should see a little white/clear 'plug' if u pull that out and puch i piece of airline into it and have the other end above the water line then the powerhead will suck the air through and push bubbles into the tank :)

Hi and welcome cb :thumbs:

You can buy a venturi kit - costs a couple of quid,

...small tube as stix says - but if you get the kit you can regulate the amount of bubbles that enter by a little twisty bit on the end (to which you can also stick in a little filter floss to act as a filter/baffle B) :thumbs: )

:)

Most reactions

Back