Few Questions About My Tank Please Read, Cheers

GeordieFishLover

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Can anybody tell me what fish I should get for a 10ft by 2ft by 2ft tank , also can I use gravel from the beach if I use the sink and drain all dirt out of it just buying from shop that gravel will cost a bomb wont it and how many pumps should I use?
 
how long has the tank been set up


thats 1133L so however many pumps are required of your choosen type to maintain a 11,330LPH turnover rate

beach gravel will be salty so probably best to aviod sand is much cheaper 5kg only costs £2.50 from argos
 
Can anybody tell me what fish I should get for a 10ft by 2ft by 2ft tank , also can I use gravel from the beach if I use the sink and drain all dirt out of it just buying from shop that gravel will cost a bomb wont it and how many pumps should I use?


What kind of fish do you like the look of keeping. A tank that size you could either have a HUGE community tank, Or a really good Cichlid tank, or even go saltwater of have a biotope with plants etc growing out from the top of the tank.

Theoretically you can use gravel from the beach, it would not harm the tank if cleaned well- however be warned. If you are spotted taking gravel from the beach and you get reported you could be fined. It is illegal to take gravel or sand from the beach as this reduces the size of the beach. Less beach means more tidal damage and storm damage to the town behind. it would only take a few builders taking a bit here and there and we would have no beaches left.

But im sure no-one would mind you taking a couple of "handfulls" here and there as long as you dont take them all from one area.
 
Can anybody tell me what fish I should get for a 10ft by 2ft by 2ft tank , also can I use gravel from the beach if I use the sink and drain all dirt out of it just buying from shop that gravel will cost a bomb wont it and how many pumps should I use?


What kind of fish do you like the look of keeping. A tank that size you could either have a HUGE community tank, Or a really good Cichlid tank, or even go saltwater of have a biotope with plants etc growing out from the top of the tank.

Theoretically you can use gravel from the beach, it would not harm the tank if cleaned well- however be warned. If you are spotted taking gravel from the beach and you get reported you could be fined. It is illegal to take gravel or sand from the beach as this reduces the size of the beach. Less beach means more tidal damage and storm damage to the town behind. it would only take a few builders taking a bit here and there and we would have no beaches left.

But im sure no-one would mind you taking a couple of "handfulls" here and there as long as you dont take them all from one area.
I'm keeping tropical fish only and I'm getting the tank this weekend, tomorrow or sunday
 

Most reactions

Back
Top