Female Mollie Attacking Other Fish?

spectrum

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
379
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derbyshire
Hi all , I have 2 mollies, one male and one female. i used to have two females but the other female killed it. the female is attacking anything that moves(except the shrimp and i dont know why.I wondered if it could be pregnant, one of the females had some fry earlier in the year although sadly they got eaten. The molly doesn't seem particularly fat and is showing no other unusual signs. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
are you sure its a female? i have something a little bit similar- my female platy occasionally chases the other female away, but she doesn't attack the male. the male doesn't bother the agressive female, but just chases the other female. I sometimes feel sorry for the peaceful female- chased by all the platies.
I don't understand why ???? ? but hopefully someone with an answer will answer it.
 
well, i have a simliar problem with my mollies, but not as extreme as killing
crazy.gif
, i tink it is a sign of dominance, but im no expert (i do no my stuff tho!) so im sure an expert (Oldman i bet!) will comment soon.
 
Maybe its a lack of space,all fish like freedom and opportunity to hide,you have a 40 litre tank,perhaps its because they're in a small tank the female is showing dominance and the others get in the way has it were?
 
Maybe its a lack of space,all fish like freedom and opportunity to hide,you have a 40 litre tank,perhaps its because they're in a small tank the female is showing dominance and the others get in the way has it were?

i agree, the tank is quite full
 
Thanks for the replies guys :)
I was told that mollies would be happy in a small tank (guy at fish store). I won't get any again then. There isn't much i can do about this one though...
Thanks Anyway for the help :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top