Feeding And Other Questions..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mowbz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought some Corys on Saturday, 10 in total, has one DOA, and the rest went in fine, happy swimming about and terrorising the cherry shrimp that have a 4ft to them selves for a week.

Probably worth mentioning;

75 gal was set up for two weeks with cycled Fluval U2 to keep 5 shrimp happy while i kept a cycled external churning an empty 2ft, while i waited to get fish. Shrimp were a gift, still thriving and have eggs. The external was happily taking 5ppm Ammonia in 12 hours.

I put the external in the 75 on Friday morning, fully cycled. Tested 24hrs later, and water was fine.

Fish as above went in fine. They had been fed at the store about and hour prior to me buying them, so i didnt feed until Sunday morning. I threw in a defrosted cube of BBS + Spirulina, as this is what they were fed on at the store. There were also a few mini bloodworm in the bottom of their store tank, so i picked them up some of these too. The guy in the store was a decent young bloke, not your typical #14###.

Questions;

They don't seem to be eating much. Ive tried throwing in crushed Tetra Prima, but i honestly cant see they're eating much. Am i over feeding for a group this size? One cube of frozen BBS or BW am, prima pm.

As above, its a 75gal 4ft, and there are 9 Corydoras Panda (about 1") and 5 shrimp in there. (Im stocking it slowly, 14 days min between each introduction). They seem more active than i remember, in terms of flying up and down the walls of the tank. No gulping of air, just swimming up and down, one or two at a time. Is this normal? No closer than 4" from the top...

Are they just taking advantage of the space?

I've adjusted the spraybar for more movement at the top and thrown in a new air disc just in case!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back