Feeding advice

Alisonmarks

Reaction score
Hi ! New to tropical fish, we had a disastrous start but are back on an eve keel . Very basic I know but how often and how much should we feed? We have a 30 litre tank with 4 neon tetras , 1 zebra danio and 2 Cory catfish ...

Hi ! New to tropical fish, we had a disastrous start but are back on an eve keel . Very basic I know but how often and how much should we feed? We have a 30 litre tank with 4 neon tetras , 1 zebra danio and 2 Cory catfish ...
first of all i think you need 6 cories for them to be happy, so maybe move them to one of your bigger tanks, second, welcome!, third you should feed somthing like color enhancing food, high quiality, live food once in a while, and an algae wafer to cories every 2-3 days, make syre the tetras dont eat the wafer. i think you should feed like a tiny pinch of food for every tatra and 2 pinches for the danio if it is big

first of all i think you need 6 cories for them to be happy, so maybe move them to one of your bigger tanks, second, welcome!, third you should feed somthing like color enhancing food, high quiality, live food once in a while, and an algae wafer to cories every 2-3 days, make syre the tetras dont eat the wafer. i think you should feed like a tiny pinch of food for every tatra and 2 pinches for the danio if it is big
Thank you is that every day regarding the food ?
We don’t have a bigger tank than our 30litre but how many fish do you think we can have in it ?

Hello and welcome to the forum :fish: :hi: :fish:Could you post a picture of your tank:snap:As far as the neon tetras you should also have 6. Your tank is small too small for you to increase the number of fish. With my tetras I take a small amount of fish food in a small cup and add some tank water so it is mixed with the water and pour it in. I have several types of tetras around 40 fish. You should only add a little, you do not want to over feed.

Thank you is that every day regarding the food ?
We don’t have a bigger tank than our 30litre but how many fish do you think we can have in it ?
Not how many fish its that you can have a tatra for 1 gallon, reccomend a danio for 2-5 gallon a cory for 1-10 gallon EACH

I always say a fish will eat what you can place on the black part of its eye per day. Remember what ever you put into your tank should go through a fish. If that is not happening then you are over feeding.

Most reactions

trending

Back