External Skimmer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mag123

Reaction score
i am thinking or going fowlr but dont really have room for a sump so was thinking can you get a skimmer that works like a external filter ,so it can go into the cabinet underneath and pump water back to the tank.

i am thinking or going fowlr but dont really have room for a sump so was thinking can you get a skimmer that works like a external filter ,so it can go into the cabinet underneath and pump water back to the tank.

You don't need to have a sump to run a skimmer. You might want to look into the Hang on the Back skimmers.

dont really like hob skimmers or anything like that .i guess some stand mods are comming so i can have a sump.

External will give you some more space inside the sump, however will rob you of space for things like a chiller and reactors. Internal robs you space inside the sump but leaves you with plenty of space for chillers and reactors.. Really it depends on what else your going to have in your dedeicated sump space. Also there is no real performance advantages to one or the other (besides brand). A lot of people really like the Bubble Magus skimmers. I personally use Reef Octopus skimmers which I think are great, but a bit more on the expensive side when compaired to the BM.

I like Reef Octopus and Bubble Magus. I currently have a Bubble Magus and am happy with the waste it pulls out!

001-3.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back