Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 5 unique very pampered adorable pets entered into the Novmeber 2019 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.​

Poll will close on November 27th at 6:24 pm.​
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation​

Last edited:
5EC87BF7-6DD7-4DCE-B01E-A6FF7AB7DD07.jpeg

This is ‘Bilbo’ Beggins. Bilbo is an Australian Cattle Dog born 8-19-19 (currently 3 months old).

Bilbo is in manners and obedience training every other week with an ABC licensed trainer and will start agility training when he is older. He knows sit, lay down, wait, shake, and recall is getting there. Also he’s the only dog I’ve had where it only took about a week to potty train.

Australian Cattle Dogs have high mental and physical activity demands. Fun fact, Australian Cattle Dogs originated in Australia and were purposely bred with dingo and English herding dogs to be able to drove cattle long distance through rough terrain.

I spend anywhere from an hour to two hours just running or wearing Bilbo out outside throughout the day. We live on some acreage which helps. In addition I spend about 15 minutes twice a day practicing recall or tricks in the form of a game or some other activity every day.

Bilbo is an excellent hiking partner and quite the cuddler when he’s worn out. Excited to start agility training, go on longer hikes, and camping with him next year when it gets warmer and he’s older. He’s an amazing dog and we love him very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2019-11-17_19-37-29.png

This is my chicken Oreo. She is a 3 year old Plymouth rock hen. I have had her (and the other chickens in the flock) since she was 36 hours old. Though this may sound strange to anyone who does not own chickens, my hens are pets. They each have different personalities and quirks, they even have favorite foods! Oreo's favorite foods are meal worms, oats, and blueberries. I love all of my chickens dearly, but Oreo is special. While the other chickens will tolerate being petted and held, Oreo actually craves attention. I loves to be stroked and held, especially by me. She will sit in my lap for over an hour without me even holding her, and when I don't give her the attention she wants, she becomes visibly depressed.

She feels very comfortable around me and trusts me to keep her safe. If I'm holding her when she hears or sees something scary, she will bury her head in my neck and stay there until she feels safe enough to raise her head again.

She (and my entire flock) is trained to come when I call, "Yummies!" She knows she will get food when she hears that so she comes running every time.

Oreo has a hernia which causes spells where she has trouble pooping, her abdomen swells up, and she becomes lethargic. Obviously I become very stressed out when this happens because I love her very much and I worry that she may not survive. But, I have treated her with various medicines and she has managed to pull through every time. She has had the hernia for two years now, exceeding the expected life limit for a chicken with her condition. She has not had a spell in a few months and is active and happy so I'm glad she is doing good and having a nice life.

Thank you for reading about Oreo!

69CC8D4E-FF36-483B-9AE9-F841C587EE82.jpeg

This is Baby my eldest girls beautiful little male budgie. She got him when he was 10 days out of the nest, his brothers and sisters were beautiful coloured sky blues and yellow and he was this little shy runty little bird. But she wanted him regardless.

As time went on he seemed to be a bit on the clumsy side, falling on his face and not being able to fly but we thought maybe he was just a little late bloomer. It wasn’t until he started chipping his beak when he would fall, couldn’t fly and when running in a straight line he was running like he had a few drinks under his belt we got him check and found he was a little special needs baby. I was so surprised as I’ve never heard of this but never changed the love for him.

The most special bond is the love between Ruby my pit bull and him. He will follow her around everywhere, nibble on her whiskers and give her nose kisses and she absolutely loves it. She is so gentle and amazing with him, she is such a little blessing!

His favourite foods are his seeds, watercress and celery, He lloves snuggles and kisses and with the other 5 birds in the aviary he still stands his ground regardless of his disability. He also loves getting pushed around with his siblings in the washing basket and trolley in the garden and playing in the grass. You could say he’s one of a kind! X

View attachment 95197
D4808630-5F17-4B51-B6B0-25691210CD06.jpeg

This is Tugboat or Tuggy. He’s an English Bulldog. He’s an old man now but we adopted him when he was 2 years old. He was left in a backyard in the Texas heat and we “bought” him from the owners to give him a better life. We took him for his first vet visit and learned he had advanced heart worms. We were told he may not make it through treatment. We were committed though and moved forward with treatment. He proved just how tough he was and 5 years later he’s going strong. He lives inside, eats a special grain free diet (for our sake because grain causes serious gas for Tug). He weighs 54lbs and vet is amazed at how healthy he is. The only time he sees the vet is for immunizations. He has never had a health issue once the heart worms were gone. He doesn’t drool but does snore like a freight train! He’s the sweetest dog and grateful for the life he now has. He lovs to sleep on the cool tile kitchen floor. Thanks for looking at our Tuggy. He wishes you all a happy Holiday Season!

Last edited:
dxkV2Dw6fTaKl9r399ogqDW1ogmj7dV1DOYakiQDgooNWKlLes-pbySc-WvxVZFV1xwHBzkhTMROjk-NtAlHFuUL2MZviwaOJ16uBuKZglTUVbSHAcyn2pZ7ZhD6woXjNxL6z5K5XGkzZIYsjZA08zd4jirg-zfOmrSgQwlnSsEAHEjJMBAm-fb_Wq3C7XngchYJcD25m96LL3ZicM0oJo3xj4QA-MupeEfyXSGt0Akz_hXMByXWBwQfrI3dfHTt-lsD6NRt6qlqr5gk8MOAauEBjbicoVa9MR9LB9QtVV4oTRAAJBOJYMKAhh-ZRY14-waWyEmsbtqHxn36_qnfwxZKk9v5L2UgHDezdfh8Y0n0HtJdW8Ma8Hj9yYbwSOFbjYIcIJHEf9MyTGTa-XdP21VUAi-mFOGhpMOQ22nsHB5ZTaAMyXeAhLVqT9c4bNLY2ElqnqInp88g-mZ6eGxUULfjtO9h1pGhheZBNoPTCUAeDWwyL9lANAQ7aQLEhnVKZXLm4rWkh8bnydkgtEhCzEMVJXFV-Ox5Zt46NOqqAPjSmveDeB4YH7fQkchcd3z1fMqk9kL-CKpZCTP7s4C8WJmLGRP1j2iamhekQ9ieXnzh71UUoHVCgrb8Jfyn-10Az4GIii_6xr5LoQBUZSI0P8sM3P2F4xDPKhNpMBe6H4j4OPv8B2HJkg=w3648-h1680-no

This is Izzy a blue Bedlington Terrier who was born on the 1st of April 2017 and she loves her teddy bear as well as all the other toys she has. She'll be 3 years old next April.

Bedlington terriers don't malt or smell doggy but do need daily grooming. I guess they look a little like lambs but they were originally bred for vermin control and can run very fast indeed.

Unfortunately for Izzy, she was born with a genetic disease called copper toxicosis, this disease stops her liver from getting rid of copper and if not treated would prove fatal. Thankfully, as soon as we found out we put her on a special low copper diet and thus far the vet has been really pleased with her progress and low copper levels.

She's a real sweetheart and lots of fun to be around. We also have 2 cats that she gets on with really well. In fact the cats used to mother Izzy when she was a tiny puppy.

END OF ENTRIES. Slowly scroll up as your review the 5 entries and then click on your choice for POTM in the poll. Good luck to all entrants.

Thanks for participating in our Pet of the Month contest.

Next up will be our Tank of the Month contest starting about December 1st. Take a pic of your tank and be ready to enter!

Last edited:
just a couple of days left for this poll. Please support our contests by VOTING NOW!

Last chance to support our POTM contest by voting in the poll. So if you haven't yet voted...VOTE NOW! Winner to be announced late tomorrow. Stay tuned.

View attachment 95197 View attachment 95196

This is Tugboat or Tuggy. He’s an English Bulldog. He’s an old man now but we adopted him when he was 2 years old. He was left in a backyard in the Texas heat and we “bought” him from the owners to give him a better life. We took him for his first vet visit and learned he had advanced heart worms. We were told he may not make it through treatment. We were committed though and moved forward with treatment. He proved just how tough he was and 5 years later he’s going strong. He lives inside, eats a special grain free diet (for our sake because grain causes serious gas for Tug). He weighs 54lbs and vet is amazed at how healthy he is. The only time he sees the vet is for immunizations. He has never had a health issue once the heart worms were gone. He doesn’t drool but does snore like a freight train! He’s the sweetest dog and grateful for the life he now has. He lovs to sleep on the cool tile kitchen floor. Thanks for looking at our Tuggy. He wishes you all a happy Holiday Season!
English Bulldogs and French Bulldogs are my absolute favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back