empty tank

Sandy

Reaction score
:blink: I have just set up my aquarium and I want to stock it with tropical fish. I quite like Angelfish but I don't know what else can be put into the same tank. My tank is 4 foot long. Please can anyone help.

Hi Sandy,
Welcome to the forum. I guess it would depend on what types of other fish that you like, as well as if your tank is cycled or not. Also, what type of fish keeping experience you have.
Sandy

Welcome to the forums sandy! :hi: - I have angels myself and they are great for your tank. Some ideal fish that are great and have matching features with angels are gourami's and Lyretail Swordtail's. 4 angels, 4 gouramis and 4 lyretail's are excellent companions with each other and are good for your tank too.

But Eelzor, swordtail need basic/hard water otherwise than angels which needs acidic/soft water.

Swordtail >< Angel
basic >< acidic
hard >< soft

i don't believe hardness affect the water much at all mrv.

If you dont' believe it, then go to the nearest library and find a book of fish physiology. then read chapter osmosis and osmotic pressure - how they affect fishes. After that you probably believe it...

I have seen many lfs's near me that stores all it's fish at high pH's. pH won't kill fish unless it's a sensitive fish that needs a specific pH. Like Wild discus. I suppose there are a few fish out there that need specific pH's but newer tank bred fish are becoming more resistant to pH different from there original evironment. My angels are swimming in pH 8.5 and are happy. You can tell when your pet is happy. It something like a seventh sense... :shifty: But seriously I stand for what I say. :nod: :D

Most reactions

Back