Eel compatability

Clare

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As a lot of you will know, we recently bought a Tire Track Eel. We really like the Peacock Eel and the Fire Eel, can anyone tell me the compatability of these 3? I know `Wishiwasafish` has 2 Peacock Eels and a Tire Track Eel and i have heard that these 2 are compatable. We would really like one of each, but i don`t think they all mix.
Does anyone have any of these fish? I specifically like the Fire Eel, and would like one of these with the Tire Track ( Nigel ), but the Peacocks are nice too.
Any info. greatly appreciated.
Clare

Unfortunately tyre track and fire eels are pretty anti social to their own kind and other eels so it is best not to add more than one to a tank, im sure people have probably done it and will say its fine but in my experience's with both fish it leads to fighting. Peacock eels are more sociable and enjoy the company of their own kind but with a adult size of around 12" are a bit too small to mix with the much larger tyre track and fire eels.

Thanks for that, i would never put any at risk. If we get any other eels i will make sure they are in seperate tanks. I thought it would be too good to be true that i could keep all of them!!
Clare

Most reactions

Back