Edited - Think I Better Call It: Ev'thing You Need To Start A Sw T

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fortunately now i have my own shop
What name did you end up calling the shop fishlette,
I'll be over in March 2008. Staying in Eagleby/Beenleigh Will deffo. call in.
Address would also be handy.
Regards
BigC

fortunately now i have my own shop
What name did you end up calling the shop fishlette,
I'll be over in March 2008. Staying in Eagleby/Beenleigh Will deffo. call in.
Address would also be handy.
Regards
BigC

i totally forgot to do a new thread about that. i called it aunty ems aquariums. i know it sounds funny but, thats what i am. got bunches of friends with kids and none of my own yet so nearly everyone calls me aunty em. even adults these days lol i decided on the personal tone that gives :) beenleigh is about half an hour-ish from sherwood. i will pm you the shop address.

to all who still go on about it, i dont know why things are so expensive here. maybe you could try talking to the nations treasurer and see if he can do anything :) excuse the sarcasm, but in all honesty, how am i going to know why its so expensive over here? i have long envied the price of things in other countries.

i have added exact costs of everything. not over estimated and why the hell am i defending myself after ive tried to be helpful to people and do something, that for SOME people, would be of help if not for the cost but for the checklist. i dont care those of you who dont find it useful, as i said earlier its not intended for you. for anyone reading the post entire thread, they would have seen the first comment about price.

people in other countries just dont realise sometimes that something that costs you guys next to nothing, may cost us over here, 3 times as much. remember also that becuase of our location and limited pet suppliers in australia, many things are imported. this automatically raises the price of many things. another thing, it was mentioned earlier than someone paid 10 pounds a kilo for live rock, which is around $25 in aus $$ (i think, without calculating) which to me is way expensive. here its $10 a kilo also. so to me, it would seem that is more expensive but not to you because to you, 10 pounds is only 10 pounds not a converted amount

so maybe the price factor is only useful to people that find themselves in my position, but im sorry, i cant do a list based on anything other than what i had to pay.

i have no idea what is going on these days in this forum, but it doesnt matter what the subject is, it will always end up off topic after people making needless, thoughtless comments. at least i put the damn effort in

stick to looking after kagaroo's. that's way more than what the stuff in the uk would be.

i dont care what your intent, i find this comment very offensive. especially considering you cant even spell it properly. not to mention the fact that i cant even understand the second half of the sentence

what gives me any less right to own fish???? if it wasnt for australia and the GBR, there would be a lot less fish/corals out there for everyone to enjoy

tsk tsk for such a newbie being so rude :angry:

one.
it was a joke
two.
typo
three.
i mentioned that you spent a lot more than what things would be in the UK
four.
please don't find it offensive, kangaroo's are nice animals. i use to watch skippy saving little kids on tv
five.
to anyone who wants to justify the reality that marine fish keeping is expensive, yes this is true, but let's be honest and say she would have been ripped off by UK standards in terms of pricing. for any fish keepers wanting to change to a marine set up, please don't be put off by the amount she spent. it can be done from 1500 UK pounds.
six.
nice set up :) you have every right to be a fish keeper.
not including fish and corals, i stated that the tank and all the mechanical bits cost me $2598. you said that it can be done for 1500 pounds. 1500 pounds in australian dollars is $3547.12. so to me, it looks as though you have paid more than me :blink:

p.s. accepted that you werent being offensive and now i know what you were saying its cool too :)

I think it can all be done for under £500 (not including fish or coral)
Maybe even as little as £300.00. But tank being the biggest cost of all.

tank can be one of the cheapest parts its the live rock that can be the main expense!! ive spent far more on live rock then on tank, powerheads, heaters and filters!

tank can be one of the cheapest parts its the live rock that can be the main expense!! ive spent far more on live rock then on tank, powerheads, heaters and filters!

that only depends on how much LR you really need.

Most reactions

Back