Eating fry

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

most likely they will eat the fry . it depends on how many there are if there is a large amount you shouldnt feed them all to yor bettas. but if there are only like 10 uyou can feed all of them to your bettas any extra fry not eaten you can either raise them yorself or iI guess euthanize them.

I don't want them to be ate is the thing, I would like to raise them all, so I shouldn't have my mollies in with my bettas when the have there babies to prevent eating?

well dying has to happen unleess for somereason you create some super strong genes in the fry. ok you can buy a 3gallon bow-frontt tankand keep the fry in there. i keep all my swordtail fry(30-40) in a 5 gallon and they are fine. just one bad thing about keeping them in a tank, you will lose more fry buy getting some get sucked up the filter unless you buy just a tank without a filter and get a sponge filter.

first unfortunatley yes your fry will be ate by fish its nature you can stop it by making sure there is enough food so they dont have to eat your fry,
second a seprate tank or breeding box could be handy until they have grown sufficiently

as for tropical fish in a bowl of course you can make sure there is a heater filter etc just like any other normal tank set up

Most reactions

Back