Dwarf Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kryten

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can I keep a mating pair of Dwarf Gouramis in with a male Siamese Fighting Fish. I worry a bit that the fins on the male gourami might look a bit too similar and that the Betta may have a go

Any help would be appreciated

I had dwarf gouramis that lived quite peacefully with my male siamese fighter, but they weren't breeding. Gouramis can be nippy, especially with long finned fish (easy targets) and if they are a mating pair they will be territorial, and more aggresive. Both being surface dwellers and bubble nest makers you might have some problems.

Before I added my betta to the community tank, I had a pair of dwarf gouramis. 6 months down the line I have only a female dwarf gourami. Whether the male died of natural causes (old age) or whether my betta had anything to do with it is something that I've never found out. The male dwarf gourami died about 2-3 weeks after adding the betta - one morning he was there and the next he was supper for the rest :-( I suppose it depends on your betta - mine rules the mid and upper levels of the tank with an iron fin :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back