Dwarf Gourami Tank Mates

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DannyC85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 3 dwarf gourami currently in my tank along with 1 x red tail shark, 7 x penguin tetras and 10 x platies. 

What I would like to know is, would other species of Gourami, if any, live happily with dwarfs? Gold, opaline, pearl etc, don't want kissing gourami - not enough colour for me :), the tank is around 250-280 litres with plenty of hiding spaces with rocks wood and plants. 

Thanks all. 

You should be able to house about 3 of another type of gourami, such as Opaline Gouramis, Honey Gouramis, Blue Gouramis etc in your tank without any problems. If you are getting them from somewhere that you are able to see them before you buy them, get either 1 male : 2 females or all females to prevent them from fighting. Try to avoid any fish that have a lot of red in them or your red tail shark will chase them.. So *avoid* neon blue gouramis, flame dwarf gouramis etc. If you would consider fish other than more gouramis, you could get corydoras catfish, raspboras, and I have often heard of rams being kept with DG's without problems. 

Most reactions

Back