Done Cycling & Stock

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

`Peter

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So after roughly 5 weeks I'm done with my fishless cycle :D

Did my 90% water change and readings are 0 0 and low nitrates. Added 5 tiger barbs today and will be adding the rest of the stock slowly over the next week. Tell me what you guys think of it.

24G/90L pH: 7.6 Temp: 77/78

Currently: 5 Tiger Barbs

To Add: 1 Honey Gourami, 1 Pearl Gourami, 1 BN Pleco, 1-2 more tiger barbs??

I also have been wanting to add either a Bolivian Ram or GBR, one or the other if not both. Wonder if anyone has had any experience with keeping both a Bolivian and a GBR at once. If not I'll prolly just stick to a single GBR.

I am under the impression that tiger barbs are pretty aggressive. Gouramis are really peaceful in comparison and I am worried you might have a mess on your hands. I have always wanted a species tank for tiger barbs, they are stunning. They are supposed to be less aggressive in larger groups. I would get more of them.

I'd just like to say, personally, I've not found much difference in tiger barb behaviour even in larger shoals. The only fish I've ever been able to keep successfully with tigers are zebra loaches, various plecs and, for some odd reason, neon tetras.

I've tried; GBR, cories, black phantom and silvertip tetras over the years and none of them have worked :(

Well I've kept both types of gouramis with my barbs before and they've been never bothered. What do you guys think of the Bolivian and GBR or both?

I can't comment on gouramis as I don't keep them!

I had GBRs in with mine for a very short time but took them out as they didn't seem happy.

Thanks guys, anyone else regarding the GBRs and Bolivians together?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back