Does This Make Sense?

wolfwolf

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
So my heavily planted hi-tech 20 gallon high tank is suffering with ich. I had added two chain loaches from my LFS. My serpae tetra started to show a few spots of ich. I started to treat with Aquarisol. That was about a week ago. Yesterday I saw my ottos swimming and cleaning the glass for the first time in over a year. Also my rubber nose plec ventured out to clean the glass.

My question is could my fish have been suffering with some sort of disease that the aquarisol treated along with the ich?

I hope the tank stays like it is now. It's much more fun to see fish that actually swim.

Side note: my kribs seem to have deepened in color too.
 
Not familiar with that med, what does it say it treats? Did you do anything else apart from add the med?
 
Aquarisol is a copper based medicine. I've had very good luck with it treating ich. Much better than "Quick Cure" and it doesn't stain the tank. More than likely killed my ghost shrimp though.
 
Did it say you have to half dose with certain fish.
Have you increased aeration.
Turned temp up to 30.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top