Does Anyone Own A Epson Stylus R210?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
Ohk I am using a the Epson stylus printer R210 photo printer now I can occasionally get it working but now it's printing very red and yellow images with no blues and it's very messed up...Now every cartridge is new. So I tried to do a printer head alignment and when I printed out the black head alignment sheet horizontal lines where across the little black squares aswell as the vertical lines. I really need help here as the assignment needs sending on Monday so anyone who owns this printer do you know whats wrong? :shout:

EPSON printers are categorically and without question CRAP.

£250 bloody quid I paid for mine and it's simply a damn licence to print money for f-ing EPSON. NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN WILL I BUY AN EPSOM. EVER £16 for a cartiridge of which there are 8 of them and the printer absolutely gobbles them up - the 'replace cartridge' light is always on.

Anyway, rant over - your print heads are clogged, it has nothing to do with the new-ness of the cartridges. They are nigh-on impossible to clean - don't bother with the auto head cleaning routing as this will empty your very expenisve cartridges of about 5% of the total ink. I am an engineer and tried to take my printer apart just so as I could access the heads and clean them with some spirits - I gave up & if you ask me the thing has been designed in such a manner as to make it nigh-impossible to access the heads.

In desperation, my wife bought some an actual head cleaning cartridge off the internet - but I was so wound up with the poxy thing (and that she had spent even more money on the bloody thing) that I never got round to actually trying it.

What I would do if I were you was take it back to the shop & complain - they are not fit for purpose, get your money back and get a colour laser printer.

Honestly, the best of luck with this, but you'll need all the luck you can get if you're gunna get it fixed by Monday.

Andy

PS
EVER

Thanks for the advice (it gave me a laugh as I can feel your frustration) the issue here is...im borrowing the printer so I have not actually spent money buying it (nigh on $200 on cartridges..well my dads $200)...so I think I will just have to clean the printer heads using the thingy on it anyway because thats the best I can do at the moment but thanks massivel for the reply :good:

I can't disagree with you there! Photographic quality. But honestly, the cost!!!!!! And the fact that such small aperture print heads are just asking to get clogged... in the long term they just don't work out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back