Does anybody keep exodon tetrs w/cichlids

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
they don't come around here often(that ii know of)i've only seen them twice,so i picked up a pair only to find out that they are best kept in a school of "12"how true is this?also how do they do w/c/a s/a cichlids like a con or a blood parrot?

sam

Gonna try this again...As most have prolly figured out...Tropicals are not my cup'o tea but hey I am always up for learning....Anyway here goes.. ;)  ;)  :p

Would that be Exodus paradoxus? If so here's a little info:

Range: Amazon Basin to Guianas

Size: 3" breeding size around 2.5"

Temperature: Can tolerate 68-90 degrees F, optimum around 75 F

Temperament: Moderately peaceful with larger fish, but fight amonst themselves (prolly why it's suggested to keep a large group)

Sex Differences: Male has slightly longer anal and dorsal fin rays than the female

It is recommended to keep in a large school due to the habit of shredding other fishes fins. Not recommended to keep with any fish with long flowing fins as these fish can shred an adult angel fish's fins in a matter of a few hours.

I would imagine they could be kept with cichlids of a more peaceful nature, but make sure they can't fit these little beasties in their mouth.

Definitely a fish worth trying your hand at. It has even raised my interest.

Don't know if this has helped, but hope so.

Larry

that's more than enuff,thanx
i'm gonna keep'em in my 30 w/biggie my blood parrot.
30g is also temporary he's almost full grown now :love: he's my favorite fish,i had to take him out of my 90g coz he was acting funny (not really moving much)the only time he would move was to get my gt out of his sight,the gt is much bigger than he and i figured it was only a matter of time before he(gt)got pi$$ed and took him out.so now he has his own lil home. :)

Most reactions

Back