Discus

what is better, RO or HMA, i will have it constantly running into my tank with an overflow to the drainage system so water changes wont be required as often

PS: sorry for all the questions

another good point with hma is that there is no waste water at all you use every drop, whereas with ro there is quite a lot of waste water. no worries about all the questions , its a good thing asking lots of questions ,the more you learn beforehand the smoother things go.

but if hma has no waste surely i would be changin too much water too often, especially ran on a constant drip system, where as if i use an RO 100gpd i would only actually be chagin 50gpd as i heard its 50% of what is stated

you can just slow the flow throu the hma filter . they do not need mains pressure to work

no thats not needed at all . take a look at this , there is even a video too. explains things better than i would be able to lol on these ones there is a little blue tap that can be turned to regulate flow.

http://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/acatalog/DD_HMA_80-C.html

no thats not needed at all . take a look at this , there is even a video too. explains things better than i would be able to lol on these ones there is a little blue tap that can be turned to regulate flow.

http://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/acatalog/DD_HMA_80-C.html

that is 1 of the ones i was looking at and funnily enough the only 1 that doesnt say mix with RO water...lol

also would it be better to put the hma unit under my kitchen sink and have a hose running to my tank or have a hose from the kitchen sink the the hma next to my tank?

i cant see that it would really matter tbh. after all its still a long hose on 1 end and a short hose on the other , whichever way you go.

ok one last question for now, do discus prefer decorated or plain tanks, i will use either very fine gravel or sand but dont kno about decorating

many discus keepers have bare tanks. personally i think this not only looks horrible but also its better for the fish to have shady sheltered spots should it want them. i have a huge piece of bogwood and a few plants in mine .

no worries .

blueback.jpg

i have since moved the wood to the middle and put the amazon sword where the wood was

im guessing u dont have this problem but when i tried live plants they always got ripped out of the ground so i gave up on them, but i will defo give them another go in the discus tank, also do u bury the weight on the plants or just drop them in?

i just pushed them into the sand most stayed put , few floated back up but sheer persistence won through in the end . discus wont uproot plants , so no worries about them getting ripped out .

ok kl thanx, jus trying to talk the mrs into letting me order new tank tomoro, also do u kno any1 that would be interested in buying a juwel vision 180, only prob is original lighting unit is broken but i have an arcadia light unit to go with it, have advertised it in classifieds and no luck

Most reactions

Back