Disastourus Weekend!

Nina7777

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi All-
THis weekend was disasturous! (sp?) I lost two cichlids, and my cory has fin rot!

First my Cory- He is in my 10 gallon with the other fish in the signature.
I saw that he had fin rot friday afternoon. I did a water change and added melafix.

Today almost his whole tail has rotted off. :-( I am having extreme amounts of trouble with my 10 gallon.

I planted some real plants this morning, and it has been foggy with beigeish colored specs all over the plants and sides of the tanks.

My fish have it on their bodies also. The tank is fairly new and I have been doing 10% water changes every day to cope with amonia. I ran out of test strips and need to get some more today. It is is awful!

Is there anything else I can treat his fin rot with? I don't think He is going to make it because his whole tail fin has rotted off. I don't understand why though when the filter is a penguin for up to 60 gallon, and I have been doing the water changes every day.

Any suggestions? all the other fish appear to be fin.

hi
sorry about your probs...melafix can be very good esp for slightly raggedy fins or sometimes mild cases of fungus.. its more like a soother for healing wounds. for a bad case of finrot id go to a lfs & ask for some finrot & fungus medicine as you need something much stronger than melafix for your cory. i cant give you names of stuff as meds here in the uk are different to the usa, but if you do a search on this forum ( put in 'finrot') you'll find lots of other good advice + prob some names of usa meds that you can use to try & save your fish. it may be a little late though.
good luck.

Nina, sorry to hear about your troubles. If you can, try and pm Inchworm - she's a cory friend and she may have some good suggestions.

ALASKA

Hi All- Unfortunately my Cory friend didn't make it, He passed away the same day i posted this.

The other two are in my 55 gallon and very happy. Perhaps I will get them another friend to make a trio,

I suggest getting your water if you still have it tested,at your local fish reatailer.

Most reactions

Back