Dilema - What Would You Do?

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have a problem and my head is about to explode. I have been researching the blue Zaire Frontosa, I have phoned local shops, searched the net and asked on here to find out if these fish would be happy with two common plecs (and if my plecs would be happy with them).

I keep getting conflicting information. Some sites say yes they are perfectly ok together as both fish can happily adapt to ph levels to suit both fish and the temperature range is the same. The set up of the tank (decor etc) can suit both fish. Then other sources tell me that the fronts need a higher ph (8+) which the plecs would not be happy with although would adapt to???

I have tried to discuss it with hubbs, but he is not really into my fish. He just says to try them if they are not happy he will get me another tank for the Fronts. (I have 7 tanks running now!!!)

My heart is saying, "yeah go for it, try them and see"
My head is saying "try to find the right answer" which is so hard as its about 50/50 yes and no at the moment from the research I have done.

What would you do?
 
If your getting 50/50, I would try them in the tank together, If one of them doesn't like the tank, or parameters, there is the option of tank No 8!!!
 
Hi Jay, she is doing great, thanks for asking. The vet still thinks she has some problems but mainly down to old age. She is eating, swimming and doing normal turtle stuff.

LOL I dont have the space for a tank no 8!
 
Whats your current ph? Most fish will adapt to a ph that isnt necessarily their 'correct' ph.

I cant think there would be a problem with fronts and plecs personally, I wouldnt suggest you do anything to change your normal tap ph, rather just keep it stable which is far easier on the fish, then trying to get it to the suggested ph for either species.
 
current ph is around 7.5, which according to some sources is suitable for both fish.
 
I only get chance lately to post and run. lol
 
Jay I keep meaning to ask, what is that fish in the picture. Its SO cute.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top