Diet For A Mixed Community

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
What sort of diet would be good for a mixed community of Gourami, Catfish and Cichlids?

I have some mixed pellets, supposed to be good for Catfish and Cichlids... Also some Hikari Tropical micro wafers and bloodworm as well as normal Tropical flake food.

Any recommendations?

Also does it matter if the Gouramis ate some food designed for Cichlids?
 
What sort of diet would be good for a mixed community of Gourami, Catfish and Cichlids?

I have some mixed pellets, supposed to be good for Catfish and Cichlids... Also some Hikari Tropical micro wafers and bloodworm as well as normal Tropical flake food.

Any recommendations?

Also does it matter if the Gouramis ate some food designed for Cichlids?

Good quality flakes and pellets are fine (sinking ones for your catfish). It matters not if the gourami eat pellets designed for cichlids. The first ingredient on 90% of fish food is fish meal anyways...
 
New Life Spectrum is the best brand of food avalible. I would get some NLS Tropical Flake. And some NLS Cichlid Pellets ( im pretty sure they have different ones for south and african). Also, frozen food is great.
 
What sort of diet would be good for a mixed community of Gourami, Catfish and Cichlids?

I have some mixed pellets, supposed to be good for Catfish and Cichlids... Also some Hikari Tropical micro wafers and bloodworm as well as normal Tropical flake food.

Any recommendations?

Also does it matter if the Gouramis ate some food designed for Cichlids?


What sort of cichlids do you have? I had my cichlids in the communal tank while they were growing but found as they got older they got more agressive. What is the ph of your tank?

My cichlids are in a high range ph tank and my communal tnk with my gouramis are in a neutral tank....
 
I am getting 2 Angels, 2 Bolivians and a Blue Acara.

My pH is 7.5 so relatively high.

Will look into the New Life Spectrum foods :)
 
Usually speaking cichlids are not fussy (least not in my experience), Hikari are a good pellet, but any flake/pellet will do.

They also love blood worm, brineshrimp, prawn, daphnia, tubifex and mine also love mussel :good: I buy the frozen cubes of each of these.
 
Try also to feed them with some live foods, if possible - fish really thrive well on live stuff (cichlids especially love them), even if you can only do it once a week as a special treat. You should be able to pick up live baby brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia etc from your LFS.

Athena
 

Most reactions

Back
Top