Depressed Albino Cory Catfish?

Schmill

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
Is it possible that one of my Albino Cory's is depressed?

I used to have just 2 in the tank, then knowing that they prefer to be in groups, but not wanting to overstock, I bought another 2, and all seemed well.
However a couple of weeks ago I lost one cory suddenly and without warning or reason.
Now I 've noticed that 1 of the other 3 is 'moping around', not as active as the other 2, generally just hidding and keeping itself to itself.

Any ideas?

Photo-0288.jpg

Photo-0289.jpg

Photo-0290.jpg

Photo-0291.jpg


Thanks :)
 
It's possible he/she is mourning - seriously!


Maybe another couple of Albinos would make him/her feel better. If this one was one of your original two, maybe he/she is feeling the loss.


It is possible though that he/she is unwell. Is this one feeding regularly? Pooing normally?
 
I'm no cory expert, but from my experience with other fish, I know that they can bond. It is possible that this one had bonded to the one that passed away and is now grieving. How long has it been moping around? I would give it another week (providing it doesn't show any other symptoms that point to an actual sickness) to get over its loss. If it keeps acting depressed, maybe try introducing another cory to fill the empty spot in its little heart.
 
you could always get a few pygmy corys they would swim with the albinos and are still quite small .
awwww poor little fishy :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top