Decorating On A Budget

DanButterworth

Reaction score
building new tank ornaments on a budget and I've made an arch out of bits of broken roof slate (about 2in diameter discs) and glued them together using Araldite epoxy resin, I've read a bit about this and apparently its safe to use (if anyone knows of any bad things please tell me). The bits of slate that i have used although not sharp and pointy are quite rough and i was wondering whether it would be safe to put in my aquarium? IMG-20130217-00676.jpgIMG-20130217-00675.jpg

carpking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a massive bag of Scotish Cobble stones from my local build base for £8 these are lovely mixed colour stones and have to say have transformed my tank would of cost the earth from the fish shop.

each stone is a little bigger than an egg i stacked them and made an awesome cave that my fish can swim through and in between each stone.

Mikey1

Moved On
Reaction score
best to use silicone to bond them together instead

OP
DanButterworth

DanButterworth

Reaction score
Hi all, just posting to say that I have put the arch in the tank after letting it set and the fish seem to be happy with it, has been in a few hours and there has been no change in the fish' behaviour so presume all good :) will post if any dramatic changes :)

And I did research silicone but didn't think it would be as sturdy as resin. Plus all the jargon confused me and I didn't know which to get :) thanks for the advice :)

LiamGoodaire

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
carpking said:
HiI just bought a massive bag of Scotish Cobble stones from my local build base for £8 these are lovely mixed colour stones and have to say have transformed my tank would of cost the earth from the fish shop.each stone is a little bigger than an egg i stacked them and made an awesome cave that my fish can swim through and in between each stone.
Have you got any pictures that sounds awesome