Cycle On Its Way, Stocking Idea's For 180 Juwel :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sam_ward0611

Reaction score
Hey there!!

My 180l Juwel is well on it way in its fishless cycle with ammonia clearing within around 36 hours and Nitrite is being processed too. Soooo.... Ive been researching some fishes I would like to keep. I was very tempted to turn this tank into a african cichlid tank but Im swayed by a planted community tank with some drift wood and sand as substrate.

So these are the species Im interested in...mainly South American...

Blue Rams or Bolivian Rams
Apisyogramma Trifasciata
Neon Green and Neon Blue Rasbora
Xray Pristella Tetra
Bloodfin Tetra
Julii Corydora's
Sterbai Corydora's
Zebra Plec's
Bristlenose Plecs

Does anyone have any advice on these fish together as a community??
Also checking out my local lfs later today in Sheffield....Im so excited :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

TIA Sam xx

You look like you are headed down a similar path to me! I am thinking about getting three pairs of Bolivian Rams for my Rio 180, and Sterbai Corydoras has been suggested to me, as well as tetras. I have been trying to figure out which tetras would be best. I have to have emperor since I have one that needs friends, and so far it seems that they will work. I have been told my bristlenose will be fine there, too. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out! I expect my cycle to take a little while, but we may end up with very similar tanks.

Sounds like a good idea for a tank, but you might want to narrow down the schooling fish to a select few schools.

Also, unless you feel like shelling out $400+ for one zebra plec, I would stick with bristlenose.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back