Cryptocoryne Parva or Nevillii about to flower

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
These plants I have had for around twenty years in and out of tanks. It looks like I am now going to be able to identify it for sure it looks like it is about to flower for me. It was 42 years ago since I last had a Crypt flower, that time it was C. Affinis. I will post again if it does its thing.
20211103_184515.jpg
20211103_184459.jpg
20211007_180354.jpg

Yeah it looks happy enough to want to flower anyway! Please take regular photos? I'd like to see the flower spike progress and what the bud looks like, or does it coil out like a lily type thing?

I had something like that in the 80's. It grew well..but was as close to looking and feeling like a plastic plant as I've ever had. Very stiff and just army man toy green. Dull sheen. Fast grower for a Crypt.

I keep hoping the crypts in my paddy tank will bloom someday. I don't think I'll want to wait 42 years, though.
It has been 42 years because you need to get the conditions just right and be wanting to try. We have a room upstairs that remains above 20 degrees C constantly, so it is perfect for this project. Also, strong light but no direct sunlight. It is a fine balancing act.

I suspect my water is too deep. I can't remember the exact species at the moment and don't have time to search my journal for it, but it's supposed to be one of the big crypt species. I'm thinking about replacing it with Zantedeschia aethiopica. I really want emergent plants in this tank.

I think it is almost completely opened. The total flower length is about 10mm and the width about 4mm
20211112_074201.jpg

Oh it's diddy, I thought it would be taller!

Most reactions

Back