Crossing Over Rainbow Fish?

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Was out this afternoon driving between LFS, went to two Maidenhead aquatics stores in the area to check out the rainbows, trying to decide which I would prefer for a new tank.

Came across some called I think 'crossing over' rainbow fish (are they hybrid), no scientific name, about £8 each, more expensive than any of the others, not very coloured up which didnt help me id them, so anyone info on them as when i google it doesnt come up with anything helpful.

Thanks :)
 
did they look anything like this minx? only pic of them i can find on the net
1245821-505m.jpg


if so they look like a cross between a Red Rainbowfish (Glossolepis incisus) and a Boesmani Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia boesemani)

where these at coxwell aquatics by any chance?
 
Yep that was the pic I could find too Davo and its not really good enough for id, they were very pale in colour, slightly blue tinged, no passed coxwells though, I often go in there, these were at MA in Telford, not Mere Park, the other one.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top