Corydora Rabauti / Rusty Cory....anything I need to know about their care please?

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

D

Deleted member 149562

Tomorrow due to a health issue with my first choice Cory (C.Aeneus/Venezuelan Orange variant) my supplier is sending a batch of 8 to 10 Rabauti instead

Can't say that I know alot about them, so any tips on their care would be much appreciated please.

(For reference, they will be in my sandy bottom 53 gallon with a pair of Fire Red Apisto plus a swarm of Neon Tetra)

Thank you in advance.

I had therm years ago and really liked them. It's a pretty little Cory, undemanding, hardy and active. I would choose them over the Venezuelan orange, given a choice. I'd call that a good substitution.

In a tank that size with broken sightlines from the door of their nest, the Apistos'll be fine with the Corys. And rabauti just likes life and wanders around looking busy and content.

I had therm years ago and really liked them. It's a pretty little Cory, undemanding, hardy and active. I would choose them over the Venezuelan orange, given a choice. I'd call that a good substitution.

In a tank that size with broken sightlines from the door of their nest, the Apistos'll be fine with the Corys. And rabauti just likes life and wanders around looking busy and content.
Many thanks @GaryE

The Apisto pair will have a choice of caves that are sight blocked quite nicely from the rest of the aquarium "floor", so there shouldn't be too many squabbles

The aquarium is crystal clear compared to when these photo's were taken...

IMG_20221106_092225_resized_20221106_092259526.jpg IMG_20221106_124335_resized_20221106_124409665.jpg

The caves are in the rear corners, underneath resin mangrove roots

I am having to change filters due to one dying overnight and the other refusing to stay put.....so tomorrow a newish model Sicce Shark Pro 900 will be fitted (it is magnetic and has an integral spraybar across the top of the main body of the filter, so should be way more efficient and stay where it is told)

Nice aquascape for cories. With a very, very few exceptions, all species in Corydoras have the same requirements and traits. What you feed them is crucial for their health however, so I would first recommend Fluval Bug Bites. Upper fish will love these two, but enough sinking down to the substrate for the cories will make a big difference in their health. This is the most natural food for them. Second choice is Omega One Shrimp Pellets; crustaceans are the second food choice of wild cories, and this brand is superior to the others.

Most reactions

Back