cory schooling

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
so i got only one cory today, i ahve 2 now though, so after i wait and let the fish float i put it in the tank. w/in 5 seconds the 2 corrys are schooling. it was so cute. the new ones a panda cory and is bigger the the one i have.

Hi wrs :)

I knew you would enjoy watching them get together! :wub: They must have been so happy to see friends of their own kind, especially the one that was alone in your tank. :nod:

Well, 2 would not quite make as a school but it's a start. :D
Personally I learned the lesson of not getting 1 cory at a time. Especially the spotted kind. Since some of those spotted cory, I just can't seems to find the perfect match. :S Let alone the right name of the specy. Some of them got some number for God sake. Poor fish look like prisoner or something.
Anyway, so now I got some mix bag of spotted corys. So I decided I should get some group of corys(6~8) at one time if I decide to get some new one. Especially the one with not so unique marking.
Although I still have some soft spot for the lone cory at the store. :/ Tend to pick them up if looks not sick nor too old. And if I believe I can provide better home than s/he has it at there.
2 is better than 1 but 6 or so would be much better. So please get them more Pandas if you have space. Then, they most likely would make some eggs if they get fed well and kept the water quality high. I think Panda is easy fish to breed. I got group of them in December and they've been making eggs ever since January every weeks(although I got several females).
And personally, I think the Panda is the cutest cory if you ask me. :wub:

they stoped schooling! this morning they were off in seprate ares of the tank.

I started off my tank with two albino cories, a few years later one died and i got three pandas to keep the lone one company. this albino was about 4cm byt this point and the pandas were barely 1cm...soon as i put them in they all swam up to the albino and started taggin along after it like ducklings with a mother duck! it was so beautiful :wub:

Most reactions

Back