Cories shoaling/schooling with different cories?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Reaction score
Had some bad luck with pandas. I had a bunch, now thereā€™s only two.

found a new LFS, which has a great reputation. I was originally led to believe pandas were easier to keep than I have experienced. Most were lost to some form of bacterial/fungal infection and fin rot.

2 have survived and are thriving, one has even grown its fins back to the point where I canā€™t tell the difference between the two.

Do I get some more pandas (quarantine tank wonā€™t be ready for 4 more weeks)? Or is there another Cory species that is more hardy that will make my two pandas still feel comfortable? I donā€™t like having just the two of them if they will do better in a bigger group. im open to trying them again if they are from a more reputable store.

thoughts?

Id opt for different species. Pandas arent too hardy all around.

I keep many cories, all different.

My 46g has sterbai, aeneus, and schultzei
My 55g has trilineatus, paleatus, elegans, napoensis, panda, CW028, ambiacus, leucomelas, and weitzmani.
20201007_160136.jpg

20201007_160002.jpg

I got 2 pandas to see how i would do with them since I've heard they're not so good. Yeah one died the next morning when it was perfectly healthy.

So now just got the one.
20201115_155221.jpg

Had some bad luck with pandas. I had a bunch, now thereā€™s only two.

found a new LFS, which has a great reputation. I was originally led to believe pandas were easier to keep than I have experienced. Most were lost to some form of bacterial/fungal infection and fin rot.

2 have survived and are thriving, one has even grown its fins back to the point where I canā€™t tell the difference between the two.

Do I get some more pandas (quarantine tank wonā€™t be ready for 4 more weeks)? Or is there another Cory species that is more hardy that will make my two pandas still feel comfortable? I donā€™t like having just the two of them if they will do better in a bigger group. im open to trying them again if they are from a more reputable store.

thoughts?
Yes sterbaā€™s corydoras are pretty hardy. When I first set up my new fish tank I added them in to help with the cycling process and they are okay, touch wood.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back