Coralife 65g Skimmer

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Where can I pickup that filter? Home Depot, Petco or somewhere else?

That would be a petco or other local fish store that carries spare parts and stuff for pumps.

Edit, btw, 55g tanks are 12" wide front to back while 75s are 16" wide

I'll measure tonight, but i'm pretty sure it is 12" thanx for the info dude :)

I habe been trying bunch of things and so far nothing as worked. I cannot find the media you recommended, but I did notice that petsmart is a lot cheaper than petco. I did buy a 10G for 10$ as a QT tank and some random accessories for it :)

As soon as I find the solution to my problem I will post. :)

Alright boys and girls seems like it's fixed...well the difusser part of the problem.

Here is what I did.

1. separate the bottom white media in a half.
2. I bought some other media(I don't have the name, but it's a big sheet with a blue top/white bottom about 1/4 inch thick), cut a square and put in the difuser
3. Take the black media that comes with it and cut in half.
4. Cut the entire tube that is on the output elbow.
5. Let it run for about a week, until all media are saturated with micro bubbles.

Now my Adjustement valve is leaking...another thing I have to look at

I picked up half a cup of goo overnight :)

Well I guess the skimmer is broken in because now I have the Adjustment valve fully open and I only get bubbles at the top of the main chamber :)

There was no voodoo chicken on my side like I thought :blush:

Voodoo chicken, LOL. Glad to hear you've got it working Eversurf. Now you can concentrate on more fun things like livestock :D

I just did a water change and we are now back to square 1 :(

You mean with the skimmer? Give it a day, sometimes water changes dont sit well with skimmers ;)

After a couples of days I cranked it up and now it seems to be on the road to recovery :) . I'm not sure but I think it needs to get in the flow of having the bubbles motions going toward the top to work properly.

Still investigating.

I added 3 gallons of water last night and the skimmer went nuts. I had to play with the buttons to make it stop and then the bubbles started going into the tank again.....but much quicker than last time, the bubbles stopped in the morning when I woke up :)......I guess it's just a matter of time to break in the skimmer.

Yeah, the superskimmer is really touchy. Whenever I add water to the tank I open the valve up or it will fill the collection cup in no time. Then When I'm done adding water I adjust back to normal. I'm a little lost.... Is your skimmer "fixed" or is it broken? Or what?

It still gives me tons of bubbles when I add water, but within 24 hours everything is good. I'm thinking of turning it off after I add water and then turning it back on in the morning.

Well here is that status of this problem.

My theory is that all the water needs to be "Broken" by passing into the skimmer. Each time I make a water change the skimmer goes nuts.

1. When adding or changing water open the top valve and close the bottom one until the skimmer stops shooting air bubble into the tank.
2. Don't play with the nobs before leaving for work or before going to bed...it might seems like it's working ok, but it might just loose it's mind and do water damage in your house.
3. The difuser is totally useless.

My skimmer is working great now :)

THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD!!!

I have been losing my mind trying to get my superskimmer to work. Now I know what to do!! Thank you all!!!!

Well I'm glad I could help one person.

I just figured out something else today....well over the past few days. After a water change DO NOT turn on the skimmer. Let the water sit for a few days then turn on the skimmer. No bubbles in the tank.

-Surf

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back