Coral Setup

macpegg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok i`ve got a fish only setup with 2 lions, 2 angles and a wrasse... (6x2x2) with 3 large pices of live rock.. Im pretty sure i can not place anyother fish in there, im amazed that the lion fish are quite peaceful, especially the bigger lion fish which is about 8 inches, the map angel is about 7 inches, the other lion and angle relativly smaller, but not small enough to be eaten...

And now....

the coral side of things....

Just purchased a new 4x2x2, tank for £350, was £400, but buy alot of fish from my lfs, so got it cheaper... I did`nt really wanna but a 2nd hand one, because i`ve learned that any chemicals that have been in the tank, i.e swimm bladderm or white spot treatment will kill the corals... The thing still smells of fresh silcon. :)
anywayz, with regards to setting this tank up, which i have no such urge to hurry it up, coz i realise it will take sum time, to get it the way its supposed to be.. So the question is to quiken this up, should i stick another bio filter onto my existing fish only setup, and then leave it for maybe 3 months, and use the water i take out for patial water changes, and then place these together with sum of the existing substrate into my new tank?? but maybe use sum nice new water from my r/o filter just to balnce it out a bit?? thx in advance.. :D

4x2x2 350 quid r u sure the lfs as not got the price wrong id look at paying 150 brandnew i can get a 6x2x2 for under 200 quid brand new

what is it ur wanting to no about the new set up

cheers ritchie -_-

The bottom paragraph has the questions m8!!!

The reason why the tank was that expensive, was the cabinet and hood came with it, and the wood was`nt cheap crap..

I would get one large external and one small. fill the large with bio media and put rowaphos and carbon in the smaller one. you could put the larger one on your existing set-up. get your new tank fuiled using tap water, no need to use RO at this stage. then get it salted amd heated and circulating through your smal external with rowaphos. then get your skimmer on. leave it for a few days and get some live rock in. cured or uncured. if uncured leave the tank running with the skimmer on for a few weeks. then put your bio filter on. then forget about it for a month while it matures. you shouldn't have your lights on in this period. once matured you will then need some hermits snails shrimps and brittle stars.

ste2k3 thx for the adsve..

Can i just ask wot "rowaphos" is?

thx :)

Most reactions

Back