Compatibility Question?

jdsworld8

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey , I was just wondering if the following fish are compatible and what size tank they should be in:

1 Redtail shark
2 Red parrot Fish
3 kuhli loaches
3 Pictus catfish
4 Emerald corydoras
2 Emerald Rainbow fish
2 Bosemani Rainbow fish
2 Red Rainbow fish

I know you specialize in cichlids but I wanted to know if you could answer this compatibility question. I was thinking 30 - 50 gallons.

Thanks, Jason
 
You would be overstocked with 50 gallons. With that group of fish you would need a tank over 75 gallons as the parrot cichlids get very large and produce alot of waste (ya I know 8 to 10 inches for maximum length, but these fish have alot of girth, so the inch per gallon rule does not apply). If you removed those cichlids you would be fine with a 50 gallon tank.

Also, rainbows need frequent large waterchanges, 50% once a week at a minimum. Your other fish will benefit from this too.

Almost forgot! :hi:
 
Yep agree with drobbyb, the parrots grow big, so a 75g would be ok for all those.
 
Is there any fish very similar to a parrot cichlid that I could get other than fancy goldfish?
 
What if I removed the pictus cats, the parrot fish and the rainbows? Would it be fine then? If so is there any small schooling fish that would survive with them? Perhaps a small school of dwarf neon rainbows? And replace the red tail shark with an albino rainbow shark. What do you suggest I add as a centre piece fish? The parrot fish were supposed to be but now theyre not. Any type of cichlid that would be good ( a pair)?

1 albino rainbow shark
3 kuhli loaches
4 Emerald corydoras
2 Common Pleco
- (schooling fish)
- (schooling fish)
- (schooling fish)
- (A pair of fish, something that would breed together and form a lifelong pair, can be moved to a larger tank)
 
1 albino rainbow shark
4 kuhli loaches
5 Emerald corydoras
5 Black skirt tetras
4 Congo tetras
5 Diamond tetras
1 Blue Gourami
1 Gold Gourami

Did I get it right this time?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top