comet food

Pointy_kitty

i eat buttons
Reaction score
the other day i saw a 3" comet in a half gallon bowl at my cousins house
he said that he was going to feed it to his oscar but he had to give it away when his tank started to leak and now he was stuck with the "feeder"
so he gave it to me to take care of
but i don't have a spare tank big enough to house him
so i got ahold of a woman i know who said she would take him for her 3000 gallon pond (sweet deal for him :D )
now i am stuck with him until next saturday so i put him in a 4 gallon tupperware tub :dunno:
he looks unhappy about the lack of space and filtration but he is healthy and eating (although he spends all day bumping his lips on the wall)
so yeah,
the problem is until she picks him up i only have some nasty stale goldfish flakes for him to eat (which he isn't to thrilled about but eats them anyways)

my question: is there any treat i can give him from my tropical foods?
i have brine shrimp, tropical flakes, blood worms, algae waffers, and cucumber (aswell as other shredded veggi's)
i know he can have tubiflex worms but i am fresh out
and i won't get to the store until wednesday

what out of these can he have?

He will happily take some frozen or live foods like Bloodworm. Is there any kind of water circulation to provide oxygen? Make sure you do regular water changes to keep everything in check.

i plan on doing a 50% water change every 3 days
and no unfortunately there is no water circulation
i had a 5 gallon air pump which would have been just fine but
i gave it away to a friend a couple of weeks ago :X
just my luck :rolleyes:

I would be worried. Comets need high oxygen contents in their water therefore needing moving water or an airstone. But they are quite hardy, best of luck and keep us posted.

you WOULD be worried?
eeek! :crazy:

we'll i'll keep ya posted
his stay with me will be a short one,
come next saturday he'll be in a 3000 gallon paradise! ;)

i have a comet which will eat, brineshrimps or bloodworms.... seems to love it

rugularly buy things like that for my coldwater setup, they all seem to enjoy them - apart from the white cloud minnows - think they are too small to eat them like

cheers

Most reactions

Back