Well ...
Yesterday I revisited one of the only LFS in my vicinity. Last time I was there, a 20-something girl was working in the fish room and was, to my surprise, quite helpful and knowledgeable. She really seemed to know her stuff.
Unfortunately, this time, I instead had the pleasure of bothering two teenage blonds who were working up front at the time.
They basically knew squat. Plus, they gave me the weirdest look when I asked if they ever took fish requests, and then asked if maybe they could order some Sparkling Gourami. They basically responded like they'd never heard of such a thing in their lives (although they did say yes, from time to time they do take requests).
ANYWHO. While I was there, I noticed a whole tank full of what I thought were German Blues. Only thing is, they're completely colorless ...? Very silvery (not a drop of color on them) and they didn't look like Bolivian Rams.
Anyone know what the deal was with that? They were little, but they looked quite healthy.
I would've bought one on the spot if only I knew what the deal was with the color.
Anyway, second thing: I was very excited to see that they'd gotten two Kribs since I was last there. I could've sworn I'd read that Kribs often make considerably good community cichlid. I was about to have one of the girls fish one out for me when she commented something like "Oh, they're really aggressive."
To which I responded with something like "O__o?".
Not to mention they both were being housed with a Jack Dempsey? I'm pretty confused. I don't know if the girl was just misinformed on the Kribs, or if I was misinformed about them being good for a community, or if those two Kribs *particularly* were aggressive ...?
I was hoping afew of you who've had experience with Kribs could shed some light on the situation? I read a good deal about them last night, but so far I've gotten very mixed reviews (some say awful, some say great).
Yesterday I revisited one of the only LFS in my vicinity. Last time I was there, a 20-something girl was working in the fish room and was, to my surprise, quite helpful and knowledgeable. She really seemed to know her stuff.
Unfortunately, this time, I instead had the pleasure of bothering two teenage blonds who were working up front at the time.
They basically knew squat. Plus, they gave me the weirdest look when I asked if they ever took fish requests, and then asked if maybe they could order some Sparkling Gourami. They basically responded like they'd never heard of such a thing in their lives (although they did say yes, from time to time they do take requests).
ANYWHO. While I was there, I noticed a whole tank full of what I thought were German Blues. Only thing is, they're completely colorless ...? Very silvery (not a drop of color on them) and they didn't look like Bolivian Rams.
Anyone know what the deal was with that? They were little, but they looked quite healthy.
I would've bought one on the spot if only I knew what the deal was with the color.
Anyway, second thing: I was very excited to see that they'd gotten two Kribs since I was last there. I could've sworn I'd read that Kribs often make considerably good community cichlid. I was about to have one of the girls fish one out for me when she commented something like "Oh, they're really aggressive."
To which I responded with something like "O__o?".
Not to mention they both were being housed with a Jack Dempsey? I'm pretty confused. I don't know if the girl was just misinformed on the Kribs, or if I was misinformed about them being good for a community, or if those two Kribs *particularly* were aggressive ...?
I was hoping afew of you who've had experience with Kribs could shed some light on the situation? I read a good deal about them last night, but so far I've gotten very mixed reviews (some say awful, some say great).







