Co2

Arcticfox1977

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am currently using ei ferts. Currently I have 4 reals plants with 5 on their way. I want to keep it a low tech tank, but I feel that a little co2 would boost my plants and also keep algae at bay.
What liquid co2 would you guys recommend?

its all about the cheap DIY yeast co2 reactor, i love mine....

I use Easycarbo, much cheaper than Excel and seems to do the same thing.

As far as having a liquid co2, there are a bunch of brands that should work well, but excel will fight algae better than others. There's a thread on here that should explain it, i'll try and find it.  I can't remember what excel has that does the trick, but hopefully I can find the thread for you (still on my first cup of coffee :rolleyes: )

Greatly appreciated of the info guys :)
I've ordered some seachem excel. Any added advice or info on this product before it arrives and before I use it??

Yep! Sorry I didn't mention before.... :blush:

I would start out with 1/3 the dosage the first week, then 2/3 the second week, til full dosage on the third. That will make sure your fish, and plants as well, don't have any reactions to the co2.

:)

Good luck!! I'd also suggest to take a couple pics on maybe the first day of usage, then on the first day of full dosage, then a month later. Even if you don't want to post them, it would be a great way for you to see any progression :) If you do wanna post them, you could start a journal in the planted section, that way if something comes up it's easier for other members to help. plus we love pictures..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back