Co2 In 8G

SharkWeek

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all, iv got an 8 gallon aqueon cube, it came with LED  lights and im just woundering many bubble a second i should do. Iv been eye balling it latley and even a little seems to much for the shrimp and fish.

Without very powerful lights you wont benefit from using CO2.

Don't you have a drop counter?

i didnt for this tank but i just got one. Im keeping it at a bubble  every two seconds.

techen said:
Without very powerful lights you wont benefit from using CO2.

Don't you have a drop counter?
On the topic of lights would just an LED from lowes or somthing benifit?

You'd have to tell me what wattage the LEDs have. 

A drop counter will change to green when CO2 levels are good in the tank.

Well what would u recomened? Also the drop counter turned to a bluish green, so ill just keep the CO2 low for now.

techen said:
You'd have to tell me what wattage the LEDs have. 

A drop counter will change to green when CO2 levels are good in the tank.

You could get some high powered T5s or some high powered LEDs?

Would i need a special type of LED of could i just go get a random one and if its got good watts it will help the plants grow?

blueish green is to low co2 up your co2 slightly don't worry about the bubbles just get it green on drop checker, bubble counters are pointless when comparing with other users in my mind as bubbles can vary in size and speed even in the same size tank :)

Lime green you are looking for, if it goes yellow you have to much if its blue to little thats the rule of thumb :D

Zikofski said:
blueish green is to low co2 up your co2 slightly don't worry about the bubbles just get it green on drop checker, bubble counters are pointless when comparing with other users in my mind as bubbles can vary in size and speed even in the same size tank
smile.png

Lime green you are looking for, if it goes yellow you have to much if its blue to little thats the rule of thumb
biggrin.png
Thanks for the tip. Im worried though when ever i boost the CO2 the shrimp and fish go to the top for some air. I feel like the plants are creating enough oxygen.

Most reactions

Back