Cloudy Water

Cindylou

New Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ohio
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum...I have a 28g. bowfront..It has 6 neon tetra's, 6 zebra danio's, 6 blackfin tetra's, and 4 cory cat's..All these fish were in a 10g. I moved them to the 28g. on 9/30/08...My ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and ph is all good... No matter what I do the water looks cloudy...I also have a 55g. african cichlid tank that if it didn't have bubbles and fish you would think it was empty it is so clear...Right now I am thinking of leaving the lights off for a few days to see what happens...Any suggestions? Thanks
 
did you thorughly wash the substrate? what filtration are you using> is that tank in direct sunlight?
 
Did you move the filter media from the 10g into the new tank when you moved the fish across? I would suspect a bacterial bloom, keep an eye on the levels and do a couple of extra water changes, it should settle down soon.

Could it be from the substrate, did you wash it thoroughly, you could try adding some filter floss to the filter to see if that helps :)
 
did you thorughly wash the substrate? what filtration are you using> is that tank in direct sunlight?
Yes substate was rinsed, FILTRATION, Top Fin 30 and Elite 10 and 3 airstones...No sunlight...

Did you move the filter media from the 10g into the new tank when you moved the fish across? I would suspect a bacterial bloom, keep an eye on the levels and do a couple of extra water changes, it should settle down soon.

Could it be from the substrate, did you wash it thoroughly, you could try adding some filter floss to the filter to see if that helps :)
Not to sound stupid what is filter floss? Substrate was washed...Will do water change...Thanks
 
Filter floss is a bit like stuffing material that catches all the fine particles in the water, it needs changing often to be of much use, but can be good for catching tiny particles that make the water look cloudy or dirty.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top