Cloudy Water After A Water Change

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mammabe

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 75 gallon tank and I did a 25% water change last night and this morning, it looks very cloudy! :crazy:

How do you know what is causing it? I read so far on here from others' posts that it could be either a bacteria bloom or Amonia spike. I tested the water and the ammonia level is 0 ppm so that is good. Does that mean it is a bacteria spike? If so, do I need to do anything? What caused a bacteria spike? When I did the water change yesterday, I use a syphon to get the crap out of the rocks and suck up the water that way so that I am getting the most dirtiest water...however, this does stir up some stuff in the water and you don't get it all with the syphon, just the condensed stuff in the gravel... Anwyay, should I do anything or will this go away on its own? Should I be worried? My stock seems to be fine, swimming around like usual - no one seems to be stressed or sick. My stock includes:

2 mollies
1 Betta
4 Dojo loaches
2 Kuhli loaches (gonna get more soon!!)
3 Cories
1 Dwarf frog
5 Red tail minors (tetras)

Any advice, suggestions, tips would be appreciated and welcome! Thank you!! :nod:

its pretty normal if im honest mate. its obvious the cloudy water was caused by all the crap in your gravel ect. did you notice alot of dirt coming out when you changed the water? it will settle down soon. but if not you need to try biomagnet. it clears your tank up nicely :)

its pretty normal if im honest mate. its obvious the cloudy water was caused by all the crap in your gravel ect. did you notice alot of dirt coming out when you changed the water? it will settle down soon. but if not you need to try biomagnet. it clears your tank up nicely :)

I don't think I've ever been called Mate before. :lol:

Thanks for the re-assurance, I appreciate it. Yes, the water was unsettled because of the syphoning but it settled nicely that night but it was the next day that it was very cloudy. Ok, I will try that. Thanks for taking a minute to reply to me! :good:

no problem mate! just to check. did you clean your filter/s out while you cleaned the gravel? if so did you use tapwater? if so then it would have been a bacteria bloom because tap water would have killed most of the essential friendly bacteria in your filters. if you do clean filters with tap water it would be a good idea to research how to clean them out using your tank water instead :) also that biomagnet i reccomended works a treat. its called caribsea biomagnet :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back