Cleaning Sand

drain_bamaged

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I regularly clean the surface of my sand, at least twice a week. But when i accidently disturb the sand (say by moving an ornament) all the crud that lies under the sand is whipped up and makes the tank look dirty. How can I clean the sand efficiently without the sand being sucked up, or creating a sand storm!?

Cheers

D
 
Mine used to do that, what you gotta do if you've got a syphon, tilt the ornament slowly and quickly suck up all the dirt with the syphon.
 
Sand is by far the most hardest thing to vacum beside heavily planted aquarium. I love my bared bottom tank :P .
 
I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with mank coming from beneath sand. I can stir my sand all I want and it won't put anything into the water except a bit of sand, and that settles after a couple of seconds.
 
wait.. planteds rnt hard
take the plants out !

yeh i recently changed too sand i just brush the syphon gentlt over the sand
 

Most reactions

Back
Top