Cleaning Filters?

OneOnion

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Points
0
How do you clean the filter without the bacteria dying?
 
just remove the media clean it gently but thoroughly in old tank water and quickly replace it(not letting it out of the water for more than 10 seconds i think)
shahrez
 
You've got a lot longer than 10 seconds - just make sure you keep it wet. I just siphon some water out of the tank into a bucket - stick everything from the filter into the bucket, swish it about a little and then put it back together again.
 
i use the water i syphon out during a water change

just scrub... dont bother replacing the pads.... unless in a realy bad condition

seriously i wasted soooo much money on pads
 
K thanks guys. I didn't think of using the tank water! Thats a smart idea. Also, to matchstickman, thanks: I would've bought replacement pads!
 
yeah i know you got a lot more than 10 seconds...its just me i feel like they're dying or somethin so i just dont get them out of the water.
shahrez
 

Most reactions

Back
Top