Cleaner Shrimp

jaylam

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Do these shed their skin? I come down to feed the fish this morning, looked in the tank and thought "Hang on, why are there 2 shrimp" only to look a bit closer to see its the shrimps skin.

Is this normal or is he sick?

Do these shed their skin? I come down to feed the fish this morning, looked in the tank and thought "Hang on, why are there 2 shrimp" only to look a bit closer to see its the shrimps skin.

Yep all arthropods shed their skin, a process called "molting". They do it to grow or many times they will do it shortly after being added to a new tank.

It is good :)
Just leave it in there and something will eat it!

Yep all arthropods shed their skin, a process called "molting". They do it to grow or many times they will do it shortly after being added to a new tank.

It is good :)
Just leave it in there and something will eat it!

phew, thanks. :)

:rofl: I remember the first time that happened to me, I nearly had heart failure! - i'm glad i'm not the only worry wort on here :p

Seffie x

:rofl: I remember the first time that happened to me, I nearly had heart failure! - i'm glad i'm not the only worry wort on here :p

Seffie x

It did weird me out a bit but your right I do worry a bit to much, still I would rather ask than not and risk my fish etc get ill

Most reactions

Back