Davo86
Cichlids, Catfish and Oddballs
So I've just been down to the local Pets at Home store for some things for my new Kakariki, and whilst I was there I had a browse around the tropical fish, as you do, but to my surprise I found that they had one T.Elliotti, about 4 Port Acara and a species I've never seen before.
I asked a member of staff if she knew what they were, her reply was that they were Kribensis
When I told her they definitely weren't kribs she went on to tell me that the suppliers had sent them a load of 'odd' species in the last delivery that she didn't know the names off,
I had a look in a few books they had on sale but these only had common species which these certainly aren't
I did take a pic but its come out so blurry its no help at all but heres a description:
The fish had 5 striking dark stripes running vertically across its body and it was similar in shape to that of a juvi blue acara or Jewel Cichlid.
It also had blue spangling.
The only possible ID i can think of is that they are hemichromis elongatus however these fish seems to have distinct lines and not 'star' shapes
I asked a member of staff if she knew what they were, her reply was that they were Kribensis
When I told her they definitely weren't kribs she went on to tell me that the suppliers had sent them a load of 'odd' species in the last delivery that she didn't know the names off,
I had a look in a few books they had on sale but these only had common species which these certainly aren't
I did take a pic but its come out so blurry its no help at all but heres a description:
The fish had 5 striking dark stripes running vertically across its body and it was similar in shape to that of a juvi blue acara or Jewel Cichlid.
It also had blue spangling.
The only possible ID i can think of is that they are hemichromis elongatus however these fish seems to have distinct lines and not 'star' shapes








